Saturday, June 8, 2013

Love and healing poem for a friend.

I composed this poem and sent it to a friend of mine who is going through some very serious health issues. I'm not saying it's great, but I'm sharing it to encourage others to open themselves up to artistic expression. Somehow I felt like I was opening my heart to my friend a little more in the hour of need by taking a creative risk and sending a poem. You, also, may feel free to use this poem if you'd like to send it to someone and don't feel like composing your own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Redeemed spirits living in bodies now broken.
Resting in Christ, redemption now spoken.
Safe in the arms of God, loving and true.
Healing and peace may our Lord give to you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are reading this and you are the friend who received it from me, yes I really did write this for you in particular. My thoughts, prayers and love go out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment